Please be mindful that illness spreads very quickly amongst children. We ask that if you child is not feeling well, you do not risk getting other children sick as well… These are the guidelines for Children of the Sound Illness Policy.
Please come see us another day if your child:
- Has been on antibiotics less than 48 hours
- Has a Fever (100°F underarm; 101°F oral or 102°F rectal) AND sore throat, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, earache, irritability or confusion
- Diarrhea (runny, watery or bloody stools)
- Vomiting (twice or more in 24 hours)
- Body rash with fever
- Sore throat with fever and swollen glands
- Severe coughing
- Eye discharge (thick mucus or pus draining from eye, or pink eye)
- Yellowish skin or eyes
- Skin rashes in general, especially those who are not vaccinated.
- Child is irritable, continuously crying, or requires more attention than you can provide without risking the health and safety of other children in our care
Children who are sick will be asked to join us when they are feeling better.
We have NO REFUND policy. If for any reason the family needs to cancel a session after full or partial payment has been received and/or processed, the customer is entitled to a credit for the full value of the remaining lessons of the session. This credit will be held by Children of the SoundSM and NOT refunded to the customer. The customer may apply the full value of this credit to any future lessons scheduled. Exceptions will be made by management on a case-by-case basis FOR EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES ONLY. All management decisions regarding refunds are final.
MAKE-UP POLICY FOR PRIVATE AND SEMI PRIVATE CLASSES ONLY
Lessons must be cancelled 24 hours in advance in order to schedule a make-up lesson, otherwise the lesson will be forfeited. Children of the SoundSM staff will be happy to assist you in scheduling ONE make-up per session, provided we receive at least 24 hour advanced notice of your missed lesson. In the case of a semi-private lesson, both students need to miss the same lesson and reschedule for the same day and time. Please contact the desk to arrange a make-up. Exceptions will be made by management on a case-by-case basis FOR EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES ONLY. All management decisions regarding make-ups are final.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In case of any type of inclement weather (snow, sleet, freezing rain) please check our website, Facebook page, Instagram and your email for closure notification. If the website and social media sites are not updated to indicate cancellations, then lessons will run as scheduled.
USE OF THE FACILITIES
- Hotel common areas (entrance, exit, hallways, etc.): Please be respectful of hotel space. Do not let children shout or run anywhere in the hotel, as there are guests present and hotel staff working.
- Pool: Scheduled lessons are for students only. Parents, siblings, family members, friends, etc. are NOT permitted to use the pool at any time, except where previously arranged through the Children of the SoundSM desk staff. Children under 4 are required to wear swimming diapers. A $500 fee will be charged in case of an accident.
- Restrooms/Locker rooms: Restrooms and all changing areas are available to all students and visitors. As a courtesy to other customers, hotel guests and staff, please pick up after yourself. If you notice that something is missing (i.e.: toilet tissue, paper towels, soap, etc.) or not properly functioning in the restroom/changing area, please alert Children of the SoundSM staff immediately.
- Fitness center: The fitness center is for use by hotel guests only. Please do not allow children to play or run in this area, as they may get hurt. Use of the Basketball area at Lakota Oaks is not permitted.
- Towels: Towels at the hotels are primarily for their guests. Children of the SoundSM CANNOT guarantee availability of hotel towels for students; therefore, customers are required to supply their own towels.
- Whirlpool/Spa: Use of the whirlpool/spa/hot tub is not permitted by swimmers or their families/friends.